Vietnam Warriors

The Vietnam war was a long time of desperation, many families lost their loved ones. During this war the United States of America fought against the Viet Cong. More than three million people were killed. 58,000 people that died were United State citizens, and more than half of the people that were dead were Vietnamese civilians.  Vietnam is a nation located in Southeast Asia on the edge of the Indochinese peninsula. The Vietnam war stated in 1954 and ended in 1975. In 1975, no one won the war because the United States of America withdraw.  This is known as the second most bloodiest battle because over 800,000 people were wounded and more than 3 million people were killed. Today as a child I thank all the citizens that fought for my country.

Dan Bullock was the youngest American Killed in the Vietnam war. He died at the age of  fifteen years old in 1969. Dan Bullock is recognized as the youngest African-American Marine. Dan served in the Marin corps, and his units were 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines, and the 1st Marine Division. Dan was born on December 21, 1953 in Goldsboro, New York. There are so many names of people who have lost their lives fighting for our country. In my family I have two service members who both fought in the Vietnam war. My Pa-pa was an Officer in the army and my grandfather was a staff Sargent who was also in the Army. My Pa-pa was enlisted in the Army, but my grandfather was drafted. Do you have a family member that has served our country?

All the names of fallen soldiers can be found in Washington,D.C at the Vietnam Veterans memorial. The Vietnam Veteran memorial is a 2-acre United States national memorial. It honors service members in the armed forces who fought in the Vietnam war, who died in service. The memorial consist of three separate parts the Vietnam Veterans memorial, The three Servicemen, and the Vietnam Women’s memorial. When a visitor looks at a name they will see their reflection in between the names of fallen soldiers. This symbolizes bringing the past and present back together.  The memorial consists of 58,318 names of fallen soldiers. Have you ever visited the memorial before? For all those people that have fought for our country I thank you for everything you do.

Creative Commons License CVietnam Veterans Memorial - Washingtonéline via Compfight

Vietnam War

Dan Bullock